This recipes comes from a Bakepedia community member who runs a small artisanal confectionery company. Thank you for sharing, Sara!
I'm Sara and I work in a small artisan confectionery company founded in 1990. It is engaged in the production of nougat, chocolate, praline and crunchy nuts. The love and passion for this work has led me to specialize in the production of nougat and chocolate. Today I produce soft nougat cakes and chocolate cakes in 50 different flavors.
Almond Nougat Cake with Orange
- 10.5 ounces of whole shelled hazelnuts
- 2 ounces of shelled almonds
- 4 ounces of shelled pistachios
- 7.1 ounces of sugar
- 1,69 ounces of water
- 4 ounces of honey
- 2 egg whites
- Zest of one orange
- Zest of one lemon
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff
- In a small saucepan heat the honey and in another water with sugar. If you have a food thermometer, the temperature should reach 140 degrees for honey and 130 ° for sugar, if you have not, to understand when it is ready to do the bubbles on the edges
- Put in the oven the dried fruit to 100 degrees for 10 minutes so as to toast it
- United now the hot sugar and boiling honey to the mixture of egg whites mounting even with electric whisk or in the food processor
- Now add the dried fruit (always hot) and stir with a wooden spoon
- Finally incorporate the grated rind and lemon
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and then pour the mixture trying to level it
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Once you cooled you can cut the nougat into slices or small pieces.
- Use your imagination with different ingredients and unconventional!