The Easiest and Best Peanut Butter Cookies
OK so I didn’t make this recipe up. It is all over the place in various guises and I have to say, it is a brilliant recipe. How can you not love a three-ingredient recipe that happens to use standard pantry ingredients, comes together in mere seconds – 17 seconds to be exact (watch the Video). I think I might be the record holder for swiftness! They are also incredibly delicious. The fact that they are gluten-free is a huge extra. Make sure to read about the different kinds of peanut butter and use the kind suggested: creamy made with palm oil, sometimes called “no-stir”. Personally I will never go back to the standard flour type again. What do you think? You have to try these.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably smooth and made with palm oil (not natural and not classic with the hydrogenated oils)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar and egg. Mix until smooth.(Done in 17 seconds!)
- Drop Ping Pong size balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet (we use a Zeroll #40 scoop). Make criss cross with fork. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake! These cookies are best when they are still soft and just barely brown on the bottoms and along the edges.
- Cool pans on racks. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
As easy as 1,2,3. Thanks De’de’….this has instantly become my families new favorite. The salt sprinkle makes them go faster. And the dipped in chocolate version is not only delicious, but award winning. I give this recipe a 10.
So glad you are enjoying these. They really are so easy and I never even think about the classic version with flour anymore!