Savory Pâte Brisée
This classic savory pate brisee pastry is from Tarts, by Frederic Anton and Christelle Brua. Try it with their Eggplant Purée Tart and their Tomato and Anchovy Tart.
Excerpted with permission from Tartsby Frederic Anton and Christelle Brua. Published by Rizzoli, 2016. Photography by Richard Haughton.
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation 15 minutes
Rest 2 hours
Savory Pâte Brisée from TARTS
Author: Frederic Anton and Christelle Brua
Makes: enough for 1 tart
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick, 125 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3½ tablespoons water
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift the flour onto the workspace. Add the softened butter, cut into pieces. Combine the flour and butter with your fingertips until you achieve a sandy consistency.
- Add the salt, the water and the egg yolk. Mix the ingredients until they are evenly combined. Bring the dough together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours until it becomes firm. The savory pie dough is ready to be used.
Nice Article. Informative. Will definitely try at home. Thanks for sharing