Savory Pâte Brisée
Excerpted with permission from Tartsby Frederic Anton and Christelle Brua. Published by Rizzoli, 2016. Photography by Richard Haughton.
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation 15 minutes
Rest 2 hours
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick, 125 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3½ tablespoons water
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift the flour onto the workspace. Add the softened butter, cut into pieces. Combine the flour and butter with your fingertips until you achieve a sandy consistency.
- Add the salt, the water and the egg yolk. Mix the ingredients until they are evenly combined. Bring the dough together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours until it becomes firm. The savory pie dough is ready to be used.