This is a delightful dessert layered with pumpkin cheesecake mousse, toasted nuts and whipped marshmallow. We enjoy this every holiday with my family.
Rocky Road Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, soft
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. toasted pecans, cooled
- 3 tbp. toasted walnuts, cooled
- 1 cup whipped marshmallow
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in maple syrup, scraping down sides of bowl to ensure even mixing. Beat in spices and pumpkin puree. Beat in yogurt, then fold in pecans and walnuts. Pour into parfait glasses, alternating layers with the reserved nuts. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Place whipped marshmallow in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe marshmallow on top of each parfait. Brown with a blow torch if desired.
- This recipe is very simple. Just be sure to have the cream cheese at room temperature.