Safe-To-Eat Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
If you like to eat raw cookie dough, you are in the right place. Thank Lara Ferroni for this recipe and check out her book, Cookie Doughlicious, to get your fill. This raw chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is used in her Deep-Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
Reprinted with permission from Cookie Doughlicious: 50 Cookie Dough Recipes for Candies, Cakes, and More © 2014 Lara Ferroni, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Photo credit: Lara Ferroni.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugars for 3 minutes, or until well creamed. Stir in the vanilla and milk. Add the flour and salt and mix, by hand or on low speed with an electric mixer, or until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix well.
Want double chocolate chip dough? Add 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened natural cocoa powder along with the flour.