These pumpkin, white chocolate & cranberry scones are made with whole wheat flour, and have a mild pumpkin flavour with pockets of sweetness from the white chocolate and cranberries.
Pumpkin, White Chocolate & Cranberry Scones
Makes: 8 scones
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, chopped into small chunks
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture, you can use a pastry cutter or knife, but personally I like to use my fingers!
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla until the mixture is fully combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and use your hands to mold the mixture into a circle shape, about an inch in depth
- Cut the circle into 8 equal portions, and transfer each scone onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until risen and slightly golden brown, remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for just a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Eat as soon as possible!