Easy Candied Pecans to Eat Out of Hand or Use in Recipes
This could be a stand-alone recipe as these candied pecans are just so good to snack on but I also like them as components for other recipes, such as our Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake where they crown the top and add additional flavor and texture. You could easily double this recipe and have extra on hand for gift giving. Buy a fresh jar of pumpkin pie spice and get baking.
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat paper with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until frothy, then whisk in sugar, coffee, cream, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add nuts and toss to coat thoroughly. Spread nuts out evenly in single layer on prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, stirring nuts about every 20 minutes so that they dry out and toast evenly. You just want to bake them until they are dry and coated with the spice mixture. Cool pan on rack. Store nuts in airtight container(s) for up to 1 month.
- To make these sweet/hot, add ¼ teaspoon (or more) of red pepper flakes along with the pumpkin pie spice.
Image: Dédé Wilson