My sister is getting ready to go into a huge cooking competition and asked me to help. I started practicing a few things in my own home kitchen and woke up my creative side. I've made some incredible edibles ever since my sister called me about 2 months ago. This recipe is one of those creations that I came up with some left over mini waffles, canned pumpkin and pecans. Everyone loves them and now they want them for thanksgiving! It's almost a guilt free dessert since it's only one bite!
Pumpkin with Pecan Topping One Bite Dessert
Author: Cindy Taffel
Makes: 40 One Bite Desserts
- 1 Box Frozen Mini Toaster Waffles (40 mini waffles)
- Pumpkin Mixture:
- 1 15 ounce can Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Paste (can use vanilla extract)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Butterscotch Liquor
- 1 Tablespoon Half and Half
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
- Pecan Carmel Topping:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Directions: Prepare the Pecan Topping by combining the butter, half & half, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt into a saucepan set on medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally for about 6 minutes or until the sauce starts to get thick. Toss in the pecans, stir and set aside to cool while you make the pumpkin mixture.
- To prepare the pumpkin mixture add all the ingredients into a bowl until combined. Toast the mini waffles to your desired doneness. Fill a 1 gallon plastic zip baggie with the mixture. Cut a small hole at one end of the baggy. Pipe the mixture on to the mini waffle. Top with the pecans caramel sauce and enjoy!
- For the best result, try to get the pecan sauce as thick as you can without burning it. That way it will sit on top of the pumpkin mixture and not runoff the side.