A delicious fall cream puff with the flavor that everyone associates with fall, pumpkin!
Pumpkin Cream Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheet pans with parchment paper or silicon baking mats and put aside.
- Heat the butter, water and salt in a pan on the stove top until the butter has melted. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, then remove from the heat. Stir in the flour and pumpkin pie spice until the mixture is smooth. Allow mixture to cool for about ten minutes then add the eggs one at a time using a mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 20 minutes, or until golden. After the puffs are cooled, slice length wise.
- For the filling: whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the confectioners sugar, vanilla, pumpkin filling and the cinnamon. Beat until fluffy.
- Spoon the filling by tablespoon full or with a pastry bag onto the bottom of the cream puff, then place the top of the cream puff back on. Garnish with powdered sugar.