This sweet pumpkin and blueberry bread is a delicious way to start your day.
Pumpkin and Blueberry Bread with Maple Syrup Butter
Author: POOJA JAYPRASAD
Serves: 8 serves
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (75g) frozen blueberries
- Maple butter
- 200g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line and 10cm x 22cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl. Combine the pumpkin, eggs, butter and milk in a large jug, whisk to combine. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add blueberries and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minute before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the maple butter, use and electric beater to beat butter until pale. Add syrup and beat until well combined.
- Cut pumpkin bread into slices. Serve toasted with maple butter. Enjoy!!
- For the mashed pumpkin: cook about 300g of butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped, in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well. Mash with a fork.