Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
Have you joined the smoothie bowl craze? If you have a blender, we invite you to jump right in – with this Peanut Butter Cup inspired, dessert worthy version. This recipe, as well as the Pomegranate Berry Bowl, are both from 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipesby Alison Lewis. Most smoothies are oriented towards breakfast or perhaps a snack, and while these would be welcomed as a mid-day pick-me-up, we like them as a sweet ending. Make sure to have dead ripe bananas frozen so you will be ready to go. We always keep some in the freezer just for opportunities like this. And you can make this in less than 5 minutes. Go!
Courtesy of 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipesby Alison Lewis © 2016. Reprinted with publisher permission.
If your kids like peanut butter and chocolate, they’ll be huge fans of this recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk 60 mL
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 30 mL
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces if necessary
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter 125 mL
- 4 ice cubes
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sliced banana
- Mini chocolate chips
- In blender, combine almond milk, cocoa powder, banana, peanut butter and ice. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl or bowls and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.