No-Bake Raspberry Tart
I must admit that my first foray into the mason jar craze was for savory items and in fact 150 Best Meals in a Jarby Tanya Linton is mostly just that, however, there are some great desserts too, such as this No-Bake Raspberry Tart. And it couldn’t be easier, using purchased graham cracker crumbs, a cheesecake-y layer and a combo of both fresh berries and raspberry jam. We tried this substituting Greek yogurt for the sour cream and we loved it. Check out Tanya’s book for main dishes as well and since you have the graham crackers handy, look at her Cute and Clever Key Lime Pie.
This mini version of a simple no-bake tart is easy to take to work as an afternoon snack, but you could also make several portions to serve as individual desserts at a party.
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs 60 mL
- 1 tsp melted butter 5 mL
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened 60 mL
- 2 tbsp sour cream 30 mL
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 15 mL
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries 60 mL
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam 30 mL
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cream cheese, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Press graham cracker mixture firmly into bottom of jar. Layer cream cheese mixture and raspberries on top.
- Spoon jam into a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 30 seconds or until runny. Stir jam, then pour over berries. Let cool completely, then seal jar and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until chilled, or for up to 2 days.
Chocolate Raspberry Tart: Drizzle 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted chocolate over the berries in place of the jam.