A Delectable No-Bake New York Style Cheesecake
The Great Balls of Cheese book is the brilliant brainchild of Michelle Buffardi. Just look at the cover below! These are not your Mom or Grandma’s cheese balls. She presents both sweet and savory and we think this no-bake version of a New York style cheesecake is inspired. For bridal showers, check out her Wedding Cake “Cheese Ball”.
Excerpted from Great Balls of Cheese by Michelle Buffardi. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013. Images©Jason Wyche.
This super-easy dessert is like a spreadable, no-bake version of cheesecake.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 graham crackers, crushed, for coating
- Sliced strawberries, for decorating
- Graham crackers and whole strawberries, for serving
- Using a stand mixer or a bowl and a spatula, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until combined. Form the mixture into a ball and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Gently flatten the ball into a disk; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, unwrap the disk and roll the edges in the crushed graham crackers, pressing the middle in a bit as you roll. Set the disk on a plate and top with the sliced strawberries.
- Serve with graham crackers and whole strawberries.