Is there anything more refreshing on a hot day than an icy cool and fruity popsicle? And with homemade you can control the quality of ingredients, such as with these pops from Litehousefoods. They feature Instantly Fresh Lemon Grass, making them super simple to create. The lemon grass is freeze dried and much fresher than other dried herb products. The Instantly Fresh products come in airtight glass jars that you store at room temperature and this way you can have lemon grass on hand anytime. These pops are sugar free and are packed with the flavors of mango, strawberry and the slightly tart and perfumed flavor of lemon grass; a very welcomed addition. Try their other popsicle flavors: Pineapple-Coconut-Ginger Pops, Black Cherry-Blackberry Pops and Watermelon-Basil Pops.
- ⅓-cup water
- 2 tsp. Instantly Fresh Lemon Grass
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. raw honey (local if possible)
- 1 cup mango juice, unsweetened
- 4 large strawberries, sliced thinly
- Mix water and lemongrass in a 1-qt saucepan. Add honey and bring to a simmer. Allow the ingredients to reduce for two to three minutes. Put ingredients aside until saucepan cools to room temperature, then pour syrup through a strainer to remove lemon grass.
- Pour juice into bowl with spout. Add syrup to bowl with juice and stir.
- Pour mixture into 10, 3-oz ice pop compartments and leave ½ inch of space at the top. Add 1 or two slices of strawberries to each compartment and put popsicle sticks and lid (if included) in place.
- Place pops in freezer and freeze for 2-4 hours or until contents have frozen solid.
No comments yet.