This is a gluten-free, vegan, pumpkin cinnamon roll that tastes decadent yet is a healthy version of a traditional cinnamon roll.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Makes: 6 to 8 rolls.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1-1/2 baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 heaping cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-3/4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup canned or cooked pureed pumpkin
- 1-3/4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- Optional Frosting: organic powdered sugar, honey and water to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray. Whisk or sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put all of the wet ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix. Add more gluten-free flour of choice if needed until the dough forms a ball but is still slightly sticky.
- Flour a clean work surface. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour if it is still too sticky. Roll into a rectangle with a rolling pin.
- Spread a little extra coconut oil on the dough. Mix together the filling ingredients and spread thinly across the dough.
- Roll from the long end down. Slice it with a sharp knife into 6 to 8 equal sections. Place the rolls touching in the dish. Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes minutes.
- Drizzle with additional raw honey or powdered sugar blended with raw honey and water until the desired texture is reached. Enjoy them warm and fresh for best taste or they will keep well in an airtight container for up to three days.