Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Yogurt Snack Cake
This is a very easy to prepare cake – no need for a mixer – just a whisk and couple of bowls. We developed this to test baking with CO YO coconut yogurt and liked the results very much. You could certainly try it with other coconut milk yogurt products if CO YO is not available, but results might vary. This is what we call a plain cake, which we love. Serve with a few fresh berries or have as is with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Great toasted, too. (Make sure to read our CO YO review).
- 1½ cups gluten free all-purpose flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup CO YO Natural yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line with a strip of parchment paper along the bottom and up the sides, with overhang. Spray parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the CO YO, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the dry mixture just until combined. Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester shows a few moist crumbs clinging. Cool pan on rack until barely warm, then unmold loaf onto rack to cool completely. Cake is ready to serve or may be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.