I first made this recipe when my eight year old daughter was a baby. It smelled so delicious while baking! Once it came out of the oven I couldn't keep my family away from it! Both loaves were gone within a few minutes, now this is a holiday staple in our house!
Delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Makes: 2 Loaves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil together.
- Stir into dry ingredients slowly, stirrings a you slowly add, mix until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease two 8x4 loaf pans.
- Pour bread batter evenly into each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.
- Slice and serve with butter or margarine if desired.
- Do not open the oven to check bread before 50 minutes.
- Keep an eye on bread for last 5-10 minutes.
- Glass loaf pans work best.