Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting with a Tropical Kick
This coconut cream cheese frosting is extra sweet and rich with the inclusion of cream of coconut. Great for carrot cakes or your favorite coconut compatible cake – like chocolate!
- 1½ pounds full fat cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar, divided
- ¼ cup cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add half the sugar beating on low speed, until absorbed. Beat in cream of coconut, then remaining sugar, and beat until completely smooth. Frosting is ready to use and best if used immediately.