Super Easy Vegan Chocolate Mouse
The image of this creamy vegan chocolate mousse caught my eye right away as I perused Robin Quiver’s book, The Vegucation of Robin. It combines high quality chocolate, almond milk, coconut milk and silken tofu. Couldn’t be easier to make. Just melt chocolate and then buzz it all in the blender. Try her elegant Wine-Poached Pears with Saffron, Apricots, and Almond as well.
Reprinted by arrangement with publisher. The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life by Robin Quivers. Published by Avery, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2014. Photographs by Tara Donne.
Airy and light yet rich and dense on the tongue, this mousse always flies under the radar of those who think they know a vegan dessert when they see one. Heap it in bowls or layer it in a glass with bananas and strawberries for a parfait—either way, you’ll be hard-pressed to put the spoon down.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- In a small pot, warm the almond milk over me¬dium heat until it just begins to steam. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring to melt. Return to the heat if necessary to help it along. Cool slightly.
- Add the milk mixture, tofu, and coconut milk to a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or serving glasses and chill for 3 to 4 hours, until set