Create Your Own Delectable Ice Cream Flavor
Mocha, that combination of chocolate and coffee, is a favorite of mine. In fact, my desert island dessert (we should just call it dessert island) is coffee ice cream with hot fudge sauce. This recipe takes purchase coffee (or vanilla) ice cream and combines it with espresso soaked homemade biscotti and a ribbon of chocolate sauce for a fabulous experience of textural contrasts and flavors.
Chocolate Almond Biscotti Ganache Ripple Ice Cream
Author: Dédé Wilson
Makes: Serves 8
- 1 quart homemade or premium ice cream (such as Haagen Dazs), vanilla or coffee
- 20 Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- ¼ cup brewed espresso
- ⅔ cup of Hot Fudge Sauce or Dark Chocolate Ganache, cooled, but pourable
- Have the ice cream churned but still soft or slightly soften purchased ice cream.
- Crumble the biscotti into 1-inch chunks into a small bowl. Sprinkle the espresso evenly over the crumbled biscotti and toss to coat.
- Fold the biscotti into the ice cream, then drizzle the ganache over the ice cream and fold in with a few broad strokes so that ribbons of chocolate remain.
- Pack into a container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, before serving.
- For an adult version, spike the espresso with some Kahlua liqueur.
No comments yet.